OTTOGI Braised Spicy Chicken Sauce
Originated from the city of Andong, Korea, Jjimdak (찜닭) is a Korean Braised Chicken dish that is well loved by Koreans due to its addictive and comforting flavour. It carries a mild saltiness and sweetness with a subtle spicy kick thanks to its sauce.
While braised chicken dishes are usually cooked with a whole chicken, you can still use pre-cut parts according to your preference and consumption level. Together with the use of a few basic ingredients, you can whip up this dish effortlessly in the comforts of your homes! Serve with a bowl of hot steamed rice and you're good to go!
Cook and enjoy Jjimdak, Korean Braised Chicken effortlessly at home with OTTOGI Braised Spicy Chicken Sauce! A MSG-free product containing pineapple and pear that help soften the meat, as well as ginger and sake that help remove the smell of meat. A well-balanced sweet taste is achieved as its formula includes various seasonings such as thick soy sauce, red pepper powder, ginger, and garlic extract.
Cooking Instructions (Jjimdak Recipe)
- Blanch chicken in boiling water with cooking wine (optional) for 5 mins to remove impurities.
- Add in 500ml water, 1kg chicken, 1 sweet potato, 1 potato, half a carrot, 1/2 bottle of OTTOGI Braised Spicy Chicken Sauce in a pot and boil for 20 mins.
- TIPS: Dice the potato and carrots to ensure that they are well cooked.
- Open the lid and add in onions, then boil for another 10 mins.
- Then, add in glass noodles, cabbage or any ingredient of your choice and simmer for another 5 mins (this ensures that they are well cooked) before serving.
- Serve with sesame seeds for a nutty warm flavour. Enjoy!
Mukbang Mart's Checklist
- Bringing the BEST of Korean Food to YOU!
- Sourced locally and from Korea for YOU!
- Tested and Reviewed!
|Storage||Room temperature · Store at room temperature and away from direct sunlight. Refrigerate once opened.|
|Expiry||January 12, 2022|
|Size||W5.7cm x H13.7cm|
Blended Edible Oil 37% (Defatted soybean, high fructose corn syrup, refined salt, brewed soy sauce, spirit of wine), white sugar, starch syrup, purified water, vegetable mix (onion, garlic, spring onion), caramel pigment, pineapple extract, garlic extract, xanthan gum, chicken extract