Pork Belly Korean Cut 1kg
NOTE: Please kindly note that the meat we supply are freshly cut, frozen and packed on 11 May before delivery. This helps to ensure the freshness of the meat.
*1 kg is suitable for 4 pax consumption and consists of 7-8 pieces (quantity may vary).
How could we miss out Pork Belly (삼겹살, Samgyeopsal) if we're talking about Korean BBQ here? Samgyeopsal, which translates to "layers of fat", is a fatty marbled and flavourful pork cut. It is well loved not only by Koreans but in fact, by people all around the world too.
Did you know that Samgyeopsal day (삼겹살데이) is celebrated on the 3rd of March in Korea as the number 3 has a similar pronunciation to 'Sam' of Samgyeopsal! To encourage pork belly BBQ consumption in Korea, some vendors would also offer attractive markdown on pork bellies on this very day.
Jun’s Butchery is a Fresh Meat Korean and Japanese Butcher store selling a variety of fresh and chilled meats, which are perfect for both Korean BBQ and Japanese Yakiniku. Rest assured that their meat are of the freshest produces and best quality as they are flown-in every day!
Jun's Butchery Pork Belly Korean Cut are 0.9cm Thick, Boneless and No Skin. 1 Packet weighs 1kg. Prepare some banchan (side dishes) to go along with these grilled pork belly for a more authentic touch! Lastly, don't forget to dip them into the ssamjang sauce for that extra goodness!
- Defrost the meat in the chiller half a day before your actual cooking day.
- Before grilling, remove the water and blood using kitchen towel.
- Preheat the grill and ensure it is hot before you start to grill.
- You can season the meat with salt or sauces of your choice (Mukbang Mart recommends Beksul Bulgogi Sauce OR Spicy Gochujang Sauce).
- Remember to flip the meat to ensure both sides are cooked properly and grill till it turns golden colour.
- TIPS: If there is too much oil dripping, place a kitchen towel over to absorb it.
- No wash is required for both marinate and grilling (as it is)
- Bringing the BEST of Korean Food to YOU!
- Sourced locally and from Korea for YOU!
- Tested and Reviewed!
Will buy again
The belly arrived neatly packed with ice bags. We grill the pork and also added some to our vegetable soup. They taste great. Will prefer if the pork are packed in smaller portion eg. 500g instead though.
|Storage||Frozen · Please keep it frozen upon receiving. For best quality enjoyment, please defrost it in the chiller overnight for usage.|
|Expiry||June 10, 2021|
|Size||Dimensions of product may vary.|