Miro Restaurant Soup Tteokbokki
Famed as one of the most popular Korean street foods, it's something you can't miss out when you're back to travelling in Korea! Made from rice cake noodles called ‘tteokmyeon', tteokbokki is commonly paired with fish cakes, boiled eggs and seasoned with Gochujang sauce (spicy).
Miro Restaurant or Miro Sikdang (미로식당) is a small pub-like Korean restaurant located near Hongik University. Though located near to Hongdae (known for its urban arts and indie music culture, clubs and entertainment), it is located in a quiet alley, far from the food alley packed with lots of popular pubs; it's also run only by reservations.
It's a top secret that their Tteokbokki can only be tasted by regular customers too (the secret is out now)! Miro Restaurant created their own version of tteokbokki (in Novemeber 2019) by considering the pain points of sweetness level some individuals struggled with.
A convenient, fuss-free kit that consists of chewy wheat rice cake (we're in love with their texture!), secret sauce, and light fish cake!
- Prepare 450ml of water in a pot.
- After mixing in the sauce well, add in the rice cake and fish cake together and start boiling the contents in high heat.
- When it starts to boil, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- *You may cook the product as it is, there is not a need to thaw first.
When you eat it as Rabokki (Ramen + Tteokbokki)
- Mix in the sauce, rice cake and fish cake in pot with 600ml of water and boil.
- When it starts to boil, add in ramen or chewy noodles (jjolmyeon) and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- It will be even more delicious if you add cabbage, perilla leaves, boiled egg and other ingredients of your preferred choice.
Mukbang Mart's Checklist
- Bringing the BEST of Korean Food to YOU!
- Sourced locally and from Korea for YOU!
- Tested and Reviewed!
- easy to prepare - rice cake was so chewy! so nice and soft - no need to defroze at all! - fishcake was soo yummms - suitable for 2-3 pax as a meal (add your own ramen if you want) i added my own ramen, my family loved it so much! would totally buy it again.
Taste pretty normal but the only perk is that it contains fishcake which really gives them an edge against other frozen tteokbokki brand.
I have a dilemma each week. I may not always be able to order over $80 unless I order many many packs of what I like. Then I won’t have freezer space to store. If I wait for subsequent week products to collate orders, the items may run out. Can shipping be cheaper or the amount be lesser to qualify for free shipping?
My kids love to eat!
|Storage||Frozen · Store in the freezer (below -18°C). Please do not refreeze after thawing.|
|Expiry||June 06, 2022|
|Size||L20cm x H29cm X D5cm|
|Allergen Info||soybean, wheat, beef, milk, shellfish (oyster)|
Rice Cake: Wheat flour (Wheat: Australia, USA), Refined Salt (Korea), Edible Oil, Alkali agents for noodles (Sodium Carbonate), Potassium Carbonate
Sauce: Red Pepper Paste (Starch Syrup, Wheat Flour [Wheat: Australia, USA]), Red Pepper Sauce (China), Wheat Corn, Red Pepper, Sweet Salt (Salt, Refined Salt [Korea]), Sauce (Bean Fermentation Sauce [Soybean: Imported], Fermenting Liquor, Vegetable Sauce (Onion [Korea], Radish [Korea], Bay Salt, Fermenting Liquid), Sugar Processing Product (Raw [Crude] Sugar, Oligosaccharide), Smix Base (Brewed Soy Sauce, Corn Oil, Beef flavour Seasoning, Yeast Extract, Brewed Soy Sauce Powder, Oleoresin Paprika), L-Glutamate, Red Pepper Powder
Fish Cake: Surimi ([USA, Vietnam, China], Surimi Fillet, Sugar, D-Sorbitol, Acidity Control Product [Sodium Polyphosphate]), Wheat Flour (Wheat: USA, Australia) , Surimi Fillet (Korea), Refined Salt, Soybean Oil, Carrot, Green Onion, Kelp Extract, Sauce1 (Tuna Concentrate, Glyopexis, Purified Water, Maltodextrin, Refined Salt, L Glutamate, Pollack Extract, Kelp Extract, Caramel Pigment, 5' Ribonucleotide Natrium, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, Grapefruit Seed Extract), Sugar, Isolated Soybean Protein, Sauce2 (Refined Rice Wine, White Sugar, Purified Water, Starch Syrup, Glyopexis, Acid Hydrolysed Soy Sauce, Purified Salt, Kelp Extraction Powder, Citric Acid), D-xylose, Sodium Polyphosphate, Glycine, Enzymatically Modified Stevia, Glucosyl Stevia, Disodium 5-Ribonucleotides
*This product has been produced in a facility that also uses egg, shrimp, crap, squid, tomato, pork, chicken, peanut, walnut, mackerel, acide sulfureux.