Nongshim Budae Jjigae Ramyun (1 Bag/ 4 Packets)
- 1 bag consists of 4 packets (Total: 472g) and can serve up to 4 individuals. However, it may differ based on individuals' consumption level.
- Each packet comes with noodles and two seasoning sachets ─ soup base and vegetable flakes.
- Individuals with a lighter palette may find this spicy.
If you have been slurping down instant noodles on a regular basis, we are certain that you definitely heard of Nongshim or Shin Ramyun, the iconic red-packaged Korean instant noodles invented by Mr Shin Choon-ho (or the king of instant noodles in South Korea)!
If you would like to experience Budae Jjigae (부대찌개) or better known by everyone as Army Stew, comfortably at home, you gotta try the Budae Jjigae Army Stew Ramyun rolled out by Nongshim! These army stew noodles will definitely satisfy your cravings while you binge watch any Mukbang videos or Korean variety shows.
We love how this affordable quick fix is not only fuss-free, easy to cook (there's not a need to cook from stretch) but how it also does not fall short on flavour. Above all, it's a fulfilling and simple meal that you can cook in minutes — How splendid can this get!
Did we mention that the noodles are made with wheat flour and potato starch? That explains why it has a more chewy texture! Its rich broth comes with a light peppery kick and kimchi flavour — warm and perfect for rainy days.
Since army stew is loaded with various ingredients in its recipe, don't forget to pop these into your Budae Jjigae Ramyun: Kimchi, Spam, Sausages and any additional ingredient of your choice!
- Bring the water in the pot to a boil over high heat.
- Add in the ramyeon noodles and two seasoning sachets in the pot of boiling water.
- Cover the pot and boil it for 1 minute. Remember to turn the ramyeon to the other side to ensure it is well cooked.
- Add in the other ingredients and cook for another 1 minute (You can also choose to cook them before adding the noodles based on your personal preference).
- Crack an egg directly into the boiling ramyeon, then cover and cook for another 1-2mins. You may choose to add a piece of cheese on top before serving. Enjoy!
- TIPS for better noodles texture
- Add the sauce first before the noodles
- Keep exposing the noodles to the air for a better texture too!
Mukbang Mart's Checklist
- Bringing the BEST of Korean Food to YOU!
- Sourced locally and from Korea for YOU!
- Tested and Reviewed!
I am a huge fan of army stew and I love this! My guests are full of praises for them too when I used this as my army stew hot pot dinner. Will definitely buy them again!
|Storage||Room temperature · Keep in a dry and cool place.|
|Expiry||April 21, 2022|
|Size||W12cm x H18cm x L18cm|
|Allergen Info||Milk and Egg|
Noodle: Wheat Flour, (Cereal containing gluten) Vegetable Oil, Potato Starch, Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Vegetable Flavour Sauce, (Malt Syrup, Onion, Garlic ) Acidity Regulator (E501, E500 ), Colour (E101(i)), Green Tea Extract.
Soup Base: Salt, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Flavour Enhancer, (E621, E635), Spices, Yeast Extract, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein, (Soya Bean Product), Soy Sauce, Chilli Powder, Flavour, Starch, Beef Bone Extract, Fish Flesh (Fish Product), Chinese Cabbage, Colour (E150a), Anti-caking Agent (E551), Thickener, (E414, E412), Vegetable Oil, Acid Regulator, (E296, E330, E363), Glucose, Phospholipid, Anhydrous Milk Fat, (Milk Product), Beef Extract, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Stabiliser (E459), Sweetener (E967), Mushroom.
Flakes: Textured Soy Protein (Textured Soy protein, Egg Powder, Chicken Extract, Flavour Enhancer (E621, E635), Spices, Salt, Sugar, Colour (E150a, E120), Flavour, Vitamin E (Soy Bean Product), Dehydrated Green Onion, Dehydrated Kimchi